Thursday 10th April 2014
The start of the day went well, this was helped by the call sheet, as it meant everyone knew what time they had to meet and what they were supposed to be doing. We kept to the schedule and arrived at CADS Warehouse on time. The Director (Danny) then took the actors aside and briefed them about the day, and ran through the script with them to try to build the correct rapport between the characters. While she was doing this, the editor-Oscar set up his laptop in the corner so we could import and watch back the footage straight away so we could check for mistakes and fix them quickly. He also helped set up the lights and the set with the sound editor-Elliot. The Sound Recordist-Victor set up the sound equipment, while I sorted the actors out with the props and made sure everyone knew what they were doing and generally helping were I was needed and getting everything ready.
We started promptly, but the process was going at a slower pace than I planned in the first couple of hours. We took a lunch break and Noah, Danny and I (Cinematographer, Director and Producer) sat down while eating and restructured our blocking of the script to minimise the amount of set ups. I had my script lay down on the floor and was making note of what we had filmed and what we needed with takes and shots. After lunch things went smoothly and a lot quicker, as we managed to film the whole Warehouse section of the film in one day. Even though we filmed longer than expected on that day, I panned for this to happen and made sure with CADS that we were allowed to stay till 7, with no extra charge.
Overall It was a very good day of filming and we worked very well as a team. The footage looked very nice and we got all of the shots we wanted, although I maybe would have liked a few more cut aways and extreme close ups of the set and props ext.
We took a picture of Elliot-The victim, and I was in charge of keeping the continuity between takes especially when he took of the bag.
I also made sure everyone including the actors had something to drink and eat.






No comments:
Post a Comment